PRP Facial Preparation
PREPARING FOR YOUR FACIAL
- Patients with active cold sores, wounded, sunburned, excessively sensitive skin, healing problems, dermatitis or inflammatory Rosacea should be excluded from MicroNeedling
- MicroNeedling is not recommended if you have taken Accutane within the past year or received chemotherapy or radiation therapy
Two weeks before your appointment, you should:
- Stop taking fish oil, Vitamin E and other anti-inflammatories, such as Turmeric, Aspirin or Advil
A week before your appointment, you should:
- Avoid electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, laser hair removal and sun exposure
- Stop any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating, such as salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid and glycolic acid
- Stop using Tri-Retinol Complex, Retin-A, Renova, Differin (Adapalene 0.1%) or any products containing Retinol, AHA or BHA or Benzoyl Peroxide.
Twenty-four hours before your appointment, you should:
- Stop all alcohol consumption.
- Stop all non-necessary NSAID use.
On day of facial:
- You will be given numbing cream that you will place on your face an hour prior to arrival.
- Please arrive with clean skin or, if you prefer, you can wash your face at the office.
- If possible, please complete the consent and intake forms online prior to arrival.